Often I meet people who tell me they are singles, not by choice but because it’s so difficult to find the right person.
The biggest problem arises from the changing roles of men and women in society. More and more emancipated women nowadays occupy roles that in the past were the sole prerogative of men. We no longer have such a male dominated society, thankfully we have equality instead.
This leaves many men insecure in their new role. Despite making it easier to have a good social life, it has become more difficult to have a rewarding sentimental relationship. Stressed or insecure people avoid relationships that last more than one night.
Everyone is focussed on personal needs, commitments and desires. They want instant magic, personal independence, without caring about the hopes and dreams of the other person. They often don’t look further than the end of their nose or the tip of their penis, that’s the limit of their horizons. But a meaningful
relationship requires more, it requires empathy and availability as well as the fun and pleasure of a one night stand.
We live in an age where almost everyone has two lives, one real and one on social media.
We connect with complete strangers from the other side of the world at the touch of a button.
Applications and dating sites instantly open up a world of diverse cultures and attitudes, new sexual orientations and endless opportunities.
Despite all these changes, or maybe because of them, people are still looking for a soul mate, a real relationship. In their minds they may be ‘old school’ but in a changed world they have to deal with the new realities. People today often look on others as merely objects, not taking the time to listen or think outside their own little boxes. Through no choosing of their own they can finish up single for a plethora of unintended reasons:
- The desire for pleasure, which our society is addicted to.
- Fear of potential partners discovering your weaknesses and strengths and exposing who you really are.
- Memories of failed love experiences which still influence you.
- The habit of solitude for those who have never experienced love can become a shield that prevents entry to a special person.
- The search for the perfect partner which some people dream of since adolescence. That’s beautiful in films and romantic novels, but if you are looking for the ultimate embodiment of your erotic and sentimental fantasies you could be looking for a long time to come
The search for a partner is linked to choices you have to make:
1. Decide as clearly as possible what type of partner you are looking for. Do you want to have a family or are you just looking for adventure together ? Is a sexual match the most important consideration or finding a life partner ? Clarity now could avoid a lot of problems later.
2. Know yourself and understand what might keep you away from a relationship.
If you are insecure, fearful or off-putting, the people next to you will warn you.
3. Have the courage to face the risks of a new story and be satisfied with your choices moving forward.
If you really want someone to go beyond friendship, declare yourself, make your feelings clear. Otherwise you run the risk of being the witness to the marriage of those you loved. So don’t be the bridesmaid when you could be the bride.
4. Face real life. Don’t be satisfied with the Likes and Followers of social media. TURN OFF YOUR PC AND TURN ON YOUR BRAIN
Close with the past, face the fears, work on yourself, get out to introduce yourself to the world, sign up for a course, take a vacation without the usual party.
You will meet new people with whom you will have something in common … that’s the beginning of every beautiful story.
5. Be understanding and empathetic.
The partner is not your happiness provider, but the person with whom you build happiness.
To find the right one be happy with yourself and in yourself. Give your partner the same empathy and acceptance that you want for yourself. Be honest and open with each other and enjoy life to the full
Try to follow my advice to improve as a person and make your love life more fulfilling.
It is a method that I developed for those people who feel the need for a sentimental evolution.
This path, which I divided into successive phases, will increase both your self-esteem and your ability to understand the partner or people you would like sleeping next to you.
Ask me for information and advice related to this journey, I will be happy to help you!
As always tell me what you think of my Blog,